From the news desk of the Democratic Peoples’ Republic of Korea Central News Agency:
Dancing Parties of Youth and Students Held
Pyongyang, April 25 (KCNA)
Dancing parties of youth and students took place in different parts of the country Monday on the army day.
They began to the tune of “Long Live Generalissimo Kim Il Sung” at the plazas of the April 25 House of Culture, the Pyongyang Indoor Stadium and other venues in Pyongyang.
The youth and students presented dances with boundless reverence for President Kim Il Sung who set a shining example in building the Juche-oriented revolutionary armed forces and defeated two imperialisms in one generation, thus exalting the dignity and honor of the country and its people.
The enthusiasm of the dancers picked up when bands played “Our General Is the Best”, “The General on the Galloping White Horse” and other songs in succession.
The dances reflected the boundless reverence of the youth and students for Supreme Commander Kim Jong Il who has led the struggle for defending socialism and the building of a thriving nation to victory under the uplifted banner of Songun.
Meanwhile, similar dancing parties took place in different parts of the country including Phyongsong and Kanggye cites.
A few Friday notes & observations:
- A Facebook friend defends birtherism. It’s not racism, says he; people have legitimate doubts about Obama’s citizenship. My response, for what little difference it’ll make (approximately zero): Obama proved his citizenship and eligibility back in 2008, prior to the election. If there was even the slightest possibility Obama might not be a natural born US citizen, Republican opposition research would have unearthed it long ago. Every sentient being knows what’s behind birtherism.
- We had a ham for Easter, and as is always the way with hams, there’s a lot of it left over. I’m hoping one big pot of navy bean soup and another big pot of split pea soup will take care of it. Navy bean soup today; green pea soup next week or the week after. By the way, recipes for both are on my cooking blog.
- Donna bought a year’s membership in a neighborhood gym. She also got me a free one-month trial membership. I’m riding my bicycle this morning and will go by to check it out. Who knows? Maybe I’ll sign up too.
- Have I mentioned how much Donna and I are enjoying the FX series Justified? We started watching it at the beginning of season #2 and have TIVO’d every episode. I even bought the DVD of season #1 so we can fill in the background. Awesome good stuff … if you liked Winter’s Bone, you’ll love Justified.
- I have to get going … I want to be home in time to watch the shuttle launch. Of course this one’s all about an American couple, Mark Kelly and Gabrielle Giffords, each of whom made it to where they are by hard work and merit, quite a contrast to the other couple everyone’s talking about today. But, hey, if royalty’s your thing, happy royal wedding day to you!